Sunday, October 10, 2010

Um, this is harder than I thought...

Yay! I have a blog! This is so exciting! A space I can call my very very own. If you didn't know - I have friends with blogs (way super cute) blogs - blogs that rock the socks off of this blog - but this one is MINE! My own piece of the internet. Kind of weird. Anyway - this should be fun....

I suppose some kind of introduction would be nice sooo here are 5 quick facts to get All Things Considered started off!

1) My name is Lauren and I have blog envy. I have a few friends that have blogs. They are some of my favorite people and reading about their everyday this and that always puts a smile on my face. I started thinking about what I would blog about if I had a blog  - and it made me sad. I came up with nada. How can I love my life and have such a great one with nada to blog about?! Scary. So one day while reading "being brynn" i saw that she is doing a blog challenge that gives your blog topics for so many days....I can do that!!!! So here we are - I am trying to get rid of my ugly jealousy and put my life into perspective through blogging. Here's to making my life oh so bloggable ;)

2) I am 26 - I love the age I am at right now...and I am so proud of myself for getting here and being pretty stable(ish). Sometimes I walk around our house (get to "our house" later) and can't believe I'm here. I still feel like I should be living with my mom and dad and not have bills/job/responsibilites etc. driving my little red sunfire around mont belvieu and fighting with my sister - but I am here and God has so blessed me! I don't live at home (even though sometimes I wish I could) I have bills but normal ones. I love my job ( I do hair) and responsibilites are just life. I miss and love my sister to pieces. She is pretty much the most gorgeous sister anyone could ask for. Spoiled - but the best! She's finishing up her degree at Lamar and I am really excited for her! I'm afraid she is going to move away from us though. She has always been the free spirit between the two of us and I just love that about her. I feel like I have a lot on my plate - even though compared to others it is really half of a serving. I have spent the last two years paying off credit card debt. Sooo glad that is over. It's crazy what having that burden off of your shoulders can do. I can see and plan so much more without feeling discouraged or worried. It feels pretty dang good. Hmmm - yeah.

3) The (our house later) part. I live with the most amazing guy EVER. His name is James Dudley - yes James DUDLEY Stell - and I'm not being mean by repeating his middle name. He LOVES it. Why? I dunno. He says if we ever have a son he wants to use his middle name since its a tradition in his family. Um - how about starting new ones? Dudley is done, babe. Sorry. Anyway I met him three years ago and I must say the last three years have been so much fun. Who knew you could find your best friend and think he is drop dead gorgeous?! Yes, I'm lucky. A year ago I talked him into trying out our luck at living together. I house hunted for months and one day HAR posted my almost dream house in Kingwood. We checked it out and month later we were moving in to our very own casa. Now don't get judgey - we are getting married next year. September 30th - to be exact. So with that being said - our house will be our HOME finally. A legit husband and wife home, woohoo!!!

4) We have a baby. A four legged baby! She's a wonder. and a dog. Her name is Heidi Jackson. Soon to be Heidi Jackson-Stell. She is the reason James has put up with me for so long ( I am convinced of this). We aren't sure what she realllly is but we and the vet assume dachshund & pitbull. Creepy I know. We got her when she was about 3 months old. I was for sure she was a mini dachshund like I grew up with. After a few vet visits - we found out how sick our poor baby really was. Worms galore, mange - ugh. We took care of the Heid and got her all better with a surprising outcome. She grew like crazy! I think her being so sick stunted her growth bc she went from 8lb to 20 overnight. It was insane. At one point her ears outgrew her head and she would flop them out of her face. Too cute. I probably am a kind of obsessed with our "little one" but she really is a huge well 25lb reason to smile. She is one happy and spoiled little girl. I wouldn't have it any other way!

5) I suck at computers and all things technical. Part of why I love my friends blogs is because they are so fancy. This blog my friends will sadly have no bit of fancy - until I figure it out on my own. Watch out! Jk - it won't happen. So - since it won't be super fancy I hope at least it is slightly entertaining and like my friend Brynn said - a kind of therapy to get things off my chest etc. and I think I'm going to need it bc I've heard the year of your wedding is the longest year of your life. Ominous?! maybe....

Ok - so there were your 5 quick facts.

All things considered...that wasn't so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment