Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Manic Monday

Oh my gosh...I am hopeless. So I skipped challenge day one. No doubt, I am going to make it up tonight. Here is my excuse for missing my first challenge.

Yesterday was very um, interesting. I think I cried twice, hung up on James once, felt on the verge of a breakdown (actually multiple breakdowns) but everything ended up ok thanks to a fabulous friend (karla)and of course my ever forgiving fiancé (James).

So let's start off with monday morning: I woke up so excited a) bc I bought the new skinny coffee creamer and I just could not wait to try it - so um it's not the best. Should have been a sign. Reason b) I had two appointments for wedding things...fun!

First appointment was with a wedding planner to talk about what I have done so far and what I need to be doing. Um what?! James and I have a lot of work to do. I thought we were moving right along well there are things called details and well, I suck at details. So after that meeting I call J and ok people I know he's a busy guy at work but at least give me something other than it's ok babe. I need just a little more than it's ok. So I hung up and the tears just came. Have you ever felt alone even though you have so many people around? Yes, I'm having a pity party - but don't worry my day did get better :)

I met up with my friend karla & her "so gorgeous you wanna steal her" daughter, Isla for my second appointment. We were headed downtown to meet with Lisa from the The Blooming Gallery or Wedding Flowers by Lisa (she uses two names, I dunno) to talk about wedding flowers. Go figure. Just wanna say I stepped into her office and I felt like everything was going to be ok...this lady was A to the Mazing.
Everything I told her about the wedding she seemed to be two steps ahead. She knew what would go with the main flower I want ( green cymbidium orchids ) to what table linens would make the flowers pop. Um I wanted to seriously hug her..really hard. It was one of the easiest choices so far with the wedding. Besides me saying yes to James. That was pretty easy.


After we left Lisa -I could have hung out with her all day- Karla, me, and Isla had a dinner date with a very handsome accountant. We went and picked up James from work and went to cyclones for some yummy food. I have to say it was our first dinner at cyclones when I didn't have a margarita. I have to admit I was sad but hey I saved myself from like a million calories!

So all in all what started out as a crappy day ended up being such a great day with an awesome friend, a super cute baby and of course my man.

Ooooh and LISA - love her!!!!

Quick challenge so I can say I did one!

What is my idea of a perfect first date?

Well I dunno if there is a perfect first date but I will give you a quick rundown of the first date with the guy I plan on going on dates with for the rest of my life.

Can we say Jade Palace?!

Yes, I made James (who is VERY picky about Chinese food) take me to Jade Palace in Humble. My parents used to go on dates there years and years ago so that was sweet and um they have fabulous pork fried rice. I think when I said hey there is this awesome Chinese place in humble jade palace isn't what popped into his head. I think he was actually mortified. Hey have you ever seen diners, dives, and drive Ins ( I dunno the order) but anyway they should so go to the palace just sayin' it is one delicious dive. I remember I made James meet me at the walgreens to pick me up just in case the date went badly. I didn't want him to drop me off at the apartment and want to come in and me be like um negative. I like to skip awkwardness. Which turned out to be getting picked up at walgreens anyway. Way awkward. Dinner was great. We had beer (in cans) with our meal..at a Chinese restaurant..who does that?! I guess I was super nervous. James just likes beer. Anyway the date was way fun..we laughed all night and he ended up coming over. As soon as we walked into my apartment i was reminded of reason 2 I wanted to be picked up at walgreens..my apartment was sooooo messy. That should have clued him into his future wifes cleaning style. Oh well. He decided he liked me. That made it my perfect date. I'm easy to please ;)

Side note on why im glad i let him see my messiness:
I ended up getting a get ready room all to myself in our house for my "mess"
Score! Love that guy!
If I hadn't who knows what that room would be...eek. Scary to even think about!




Challenge 1 down 29 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment