Sunday, October 17, 2010

James' birthday week!

So it has been a few days - more than a few.

I feel super bad that Brynn (being brynn) make my blog so pretty and i haven't even used it.

I know I stink at this and if this blog were an old school what do you call those things? pikachu? no! tamagotchis!
My sister had like 5. remember? you had to keep them alive by feeding them and paying attention to them - they were lame. and made weird noises. anyway - if my blog were a tamagotchi it would be dead.



Things are about to change though! I get to start my 30 day challenge tomorrow (so so excited)! I found a link with 30 super fun topics. I'm thinking this will help me stay centered and keep me from going absolutely crazy (maybe).

So thank you Brynn for spicing up my blog so i can be a more confident blogger (you rock XOXO)

James' birthday week ends today :( I have to say he had a great 29th though. I'm really looking forward to his 30th. He just gets cuter every year. I can't even imagine what's going to happen at 30 - yumm. Creepy? yeah, probably a little but i get really excited about him.

We started out his week last monday by spending the day together after his test. we rarely get to spend a full day off together besides sundays which don't count because we are too dang lazy to do anything. sooo we went and some happy hour at chilis then went and saw the "Life as we know it" movie at the movie tavern. It was pretty much the cutest/real/tug at your heartstrings movie ever. Even James said he teared up a few times. it might have been the beer talking  but i like to think he has a super sensitive side. it really showed how hard being a new parent can be and how emotional it is. and how little you sleep. all of this i have heard from friends but this movie didn't sugar coat. and still - it made james and i really excited to think about one being sleep deprived, pooped on, and wanting to tear each other apart. yes, crazy, i know. still I reallly think everyone should see it - so good! after the movie we went to 838 for some sushi and drinks and we talked and talked and talked. it felt so good to have a real date day and we had things to talk about alllll day. i kind of worry about that sometimes. ya know. not having anything to talk about with the man i love. eek! anyway that time hasnt come yet so i can breathe easy.

friday night my parents came over for fajita friday - it was so nice to relax with mom and dad. they are pretty much my favorite people. and funny. i got to hear all about their new bed & how great it is. i won't go into detail. but apparently its tha bomb.

here are few friday night pictures of Gretchen (my mom's baby) and the Heid (you know her) in their Halloween bandanas. Mom called them our little Halloweenies. Yeah. she did.





Saturday I took the day off of work and James and I spent the day together - again! I think I enjoyed his bday week more than he did ;)

we went down to cedar landing for lunch so we could sit on the patio by the lake with a few beers and yummy food.

turned out to be a little bit awkward. reason 1) a huge crow thing was perched right above and was trying to mate with something. had to be what was going on. it was making this hideous sound. like a small engine revving up i dunno but it was too weird of a noise to be coming out of that thing. then he would puff his feathers! it was intense - and james was annoyed. i thought he was going to throw salt shakers at it  - then his 2nd beer came. all was good. reason 2) our ex receptionist works there. now i knew going into it she worked there and i text her friend (who is still a receptionist at the shop) to see if this girl was working. she was. sooo i said well i think im going to ask to be in her section so that way i can leave her a great tip and my  bad karma will be cleared. (i kind of maybe had like a bit of a thing against her at the salon & kind of maybe had something to do with her leaving) anyway we walk in and see her and she stops. im pretty sure she thought she was seeing things. i said hi and then told the hostess that we wanted to be in the girls section and she said no problem she can take whatever tables she wants. soooo who walks out to take our drink order? not her! she totally pawned us off on someone else! am i that bad?! oh well - she is one who missed out on some extra cash. whata shame. ok - so i was like i guess shes avoiding - NO! she comes over and talks to us for like 10 minutes straight. STRAIGHT. about the government, old men hitting on her, the weather. you name it she crammed it into 10 minutes of awkward. still not getting that money sister.

so for James' birthday night - we went to papasitos with some fun people. now if you know us your know james and I love some papasitos. well my friends, papasitos was not on their A game last night. and thank goodness I had my margarita to keep me happy bc homegirl - who James said looked a girl version of werewolf Jacob from the first twilight (yes he did) - would have not been a happy camper. ugh there was just too much bad to even get into it. and then karla had a fantastic idea to get james a few patron shots.
here is how that went:





After dinner we all went to coahes. It was soooo perfect outside. I love that patio in the fall. Everyone had a great time. Im pretty sure we all laughed and danced and then laughed some more all night long. James birthday = success. I found a new dance to do at our wedding too. Now along with the dougie, soldier boy, and the stanky leg we have drum roll.....the wobble! you tube. its pretty much awesome. and it will be done Sept. 30th 2011. you better get to practicing ;)

So to end James' birthday blog - i have to say thanks to everyone who made his birthday week and birthday night so much fun and memorable. we love you & can't wait to do it again.

p.s. did i mention that james spent the night on the couch next to a bucket. poor thing. 29 + patron isn't looking so great ;) love him!

Everyone have a great week & remember 30 challenge starts tomorrow!
WooHoo!

Love,
Lauren


 


1 comment: