Monday, October 25, 2010

Hoarding, really?!

Hey everyone! It's been a few days - but what's new.

Here is something new: Brynn is ENGAGED! So excited for her & her man. He really lucked out - really. I am so happy that everything worked out the way my so deserving friend wanted. It's really funny because when we met we were both in an ugly relationship place in our lives. It is such a blessing to see that the Man really did have a plan for us. I have my super amazing James & she has her super awesome RT. Good things come to pretty girls who wait. We know ;)

Just want to say I know my last blog ended rather abrubtly. Good reasons for this. My computer froze mid blog ( I fully intended on posting Snooks & Jwow ) then Kori came over and not only did we watch the Jersey Shore finale (xoxo) but we watched The Vampire Diaries & Project Runway! It was so nice to have someone there who knew what was going on for every show and didn't ask me every 2 minutes what was going on (James). Yes, Kori might just be my tv watching soul sista.

With that being said: Before I start my challenge I need to address hoarding.

Compulsive hoarding (or pathological hoarding or disposophobia)[1] is the excessive acquisition of possessions (and failure to use or discard them), even if the items are worthless, hazardous, or unsanitary.

So I guess I'm talking about the compulsive kind.

It makes me sick. What makes me sick is that I see pre-hoarding signs in our house. Not because of James - because of ME! Eeeeek!

Last night I couldn't sleep so I decided to zone out with some snickers and one of the hoarding shows. Now I have never really watched a full episode until a few weeks ago. I decided I wanted to see what the end of the show was like. I wanted to see pristine homes. Uncovered treasures. Smiling faces. I wanted to see some results people.
Didn't happen.
Even a televsion show couldn't completely clean the two homes featured. I asked a few clients if they had ever seen a completed house and the general answer was no. This makes me so upset and sad. I always wonder why James is so against my 1,000's of scentsys or my crazy amounts of clothes and shoes that just hang out that I might wear again...now I know. My man can see our hoarding future & it isn't pretty.

Today (my day off) I decided to clean out closets, drawers, and my get ready room. I should have done before and afters. That would have been fun. Oh well. I was sooo amazed at the crap I have. I have 50 bottles of differents lotions. vitamins for everything imaginable, boxes. weird boxes. Enough random hair products that I could open my own beauty supply. and clothes. ooooh the clothes. This is making me sick right now. These people have their lives taken away by THINGS. These people push away and alienate people and loved ones and life for THINGS. Well no more. We all know I love me some things - but I going to keep this to a minimum. I'm thinking once a month or so Im going to do a sweep of this house. If I haven't used you, sorry thing, you are outta here. I think everyone should take just a day and really look around (and inside or behind) and see what you have been kind of noticing building up but say I'll get that next week - yada yada and get rid of it! Goodwill, Plato's Closet, resale - there are so many options and while keeping your pre-hoarder self in check you could also help someone else :) pay off, what?!

So here is to being happy with the ones you love and not things. Things may be nice but in moderation. Ok - I feel better. No hoarding at the 4911....nice.


Challlllllenge tiiiiiiime!

A photo of something I ate today....so exciting ;)

Strawberry PopTarts for breakfast. It's my new thing. I always get a on kick for a bit. Sometimes it's apples, sometimes donuts, well for the time being its the yummy 400 calories (yep) for 2 toasted tarts of deliciousness. See! I'm really into them!


 So this is neat: PopTart art! Crazy!

....and this is weird. Who would ever wear PopTart earrings. Don't answer that. I love Strawberry PopTarts but really?!

Ok, all this PopTart blogging is making me really one. I think I will just make one. That's only 200 calories. Worth it? Ooooh yeah ;)

So here are my Jersey girls. I couldn't leave them out (better late then never)! Miss you already Snooks and JWow - next season can't get here fast enough (tear). Keep those fists pumping and the drama coming!



XOXO
& until next time,
 Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment