Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween at the 4911...

Huge success!
I honestly have been looking forward to Halloween night for the last 2 months. This was our first real Halloween at the 4911 and we were ready! We had a bucket FULL of candy and most of it is gone. We still have little bit left. I'm not gonna lie. I was worried we wouldn't have enough. Not because I was afraid to run out for the kids but um, because I needed breakfast this morning.
side note: Can you tell my diet is going splendidly?! I am on a roll - let me tell ya. Ew. like a stomach roll?! yes, I went there. I need to get to the gym asap. Im feeling way guilty right now.
Ok - i'm taking the focus off of my favorite holiday....getting back to halloween: so last year we went to Philly to meet up with some of J's friends for a concert and halloween party so while we were living here at the 4911 at the time - we weren't halloweening it up HERE. Last year was a freakin' blast - don't get me wrong. I wouldn't have traded last Halloween for anything except maybe not taking so many $2 jager shots or was it $3. doesn't matter. Yeah. I would trade that. Here is a recap of last Halloween before we get to this year.
 Drum roll....HALLOWEEN 2009 what, what?!





So much fun :) Pretty much one of my favorite Halloweens so far.

Now lets look into Halloween 2010:

This year was in the running for my favorite halloween - but in a different way. Last year we did the costumes, the parties, the $2-3 jager shots.....you get it. This year we stayed home. I raked leaves and cleaned the front entry. We hung webs and banners and plugged in sparkly pumpkins and James set up glowing paper bags. It was a fabulous first halloween decorating attempt. It was bittersweet in a way. We were the ones staying in, waiting for the trick or treaters and ooooh'ing an awwww'ing over the so so cute costumes. We were peeking out of the window waiting like a 5 year old waits for their birthday party guest to arrive. Just sayin' - we were excited! Then - I got nervous. What if I scare the kids, what if I don't say the right thing, what if they kick me and steal all of the candy?! Soooo James did the passing out. I just watched from a distance..smiling and waving like a goof. But I wouldnt have done it any other way. My man looks super hot while passing out candy & was so so adorable talking to everyone about their costumes and telling them to have fun. he is going to be an awesome dad. at one point there was a group of older boys and they asked him what he was and he said he was an old man in pj's. as he shut the door he asked, "do we have an age limit?!" oooooh yeah, that's my hubby to be ;)
so we only have a few kids on our street. but these are some smart kids. let me tell you! they hit our house ummmm like 3 times?! each time with a new little story on why they were back. well i take that back. the little girls across the street didn't say much. they just held out their bags and smiled (very sneakily). Love them. Now the boys were hilarious. They were our final trick or treaters. They came back just to let us know we werent getting anymore trick or treaters - they were the last ones out...I saw those boys eyeing up MY breakfast. I got a little panicky. This is how I know my guy knows me. He didn't give them allll the candy! I sooo thought it was about to happen but nope James just laughed and gave them each a handful. I was ok with that ;)
We also had a few special halloween visitors! Steph and Jeff brought over Iron Man (Jayden) and the cutest Ladybug ever (Bryleigh). They were my favorite trick of treaters of the night. I just want to say that Steph and Jeff are doing a fabulous job with their babies. Umm polite?! Sooo polite! Ok here is a scenario and you decide how you would have handled this as a kid in kindergarten or a toddler. You are in a ladies house that you know knows your mom and dad. She says here take whatever you want. What would you do? A) grab the biggest handful you coud ever imagine - then go back for more?! or B) take a few pieces and say Thank you. Um- A?! but nope. Jayden was so sweet. He took a few pieces said thank you and was totally satisfied. It was sweet. and Bryleigh was ok with just one snickers (my kind of girl) Good job Steph & Jeff. Your kids are AMAZING & way cute :)

So here are a few pics to end my blog - I have things to do people. NYC in 3, yes THREE days! WooHoo!






 Jayden
Bryleigh

So while I had my wine and James had his football - all the neighborhood kids had a crap load of candy. Score 1 for the 4911!

Can't wait for next year!
I am going as a Trophy Wife since it will be pretty much right after we GET MARRIED (a month and a day to be exact)! Perfect, I know! I think I'm partial to the first one...we shall see!!!



Maybe James can do the whole prisoner with a ball and chain with a sash that says slave husband....too much? maybe.....

Hope everyone had a fabulously spooookified Halloween!

Love Always,

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment