Thursday, November 25, 2010

Digital Get Down....

If you don't remember that song - download it. Digital Get Down by NSync. It is super fun & great to run I mean walk to...I suddenly have this addiction to all the highschool boy band groups. After watching the AMA's and seeing New Kids with Backstreet Boys - how can I not want to relive the poppy goodness?! So consequently my itunes is being flooded with NSync, Backstreet, and some more New Kids. Side note: the Backstreet Boys/New Kids on the Block tour is coming full force in June. I'm so there. You should be too..

Soooo I found my wedding dress! Yes! I did! Well I have to say that it was a group effort. If you realllly know me you already know I thought I found THE dress. It was simple, no fuss, and ok, not gonna lie. Soooo affordable. Like sick affordable. I was OK with that. I loved that about the dress. More money to spend here and there. Open bars aren't cheap people! So I brought my mom, sister, and bridesmaid/best girl ever, to go on a dress hunt. I really just thought we were going to David's Bridal I was going to put on the dress and then bam - mom and sister would say how much they LOVED it and that it was THE PERFECT DRESS! Well, yeah. None of that happened. Here is more of how the convo went..

Lynsey: it's pretty....with a not so convincing smile.
Mom: silence....smirk.
Steph: that is so perfect (steph knew how i felt about the dress and i had talked her into loving it as well)
Mom: breaking her silence: well if you want it lets buy it.
Me: do you like it?
Mom: silence - slight head movment from the left to right....
Mom: but it's your dress if you like it lets get it.

Me: maybe we should go to our next appointmet at Venturas
Mom: good idea.

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i was sick all the way to venturas. what was wrong with the dress?! why does nobody like it?! do i have awful wedding dress taste? and if that is the case do I just have awful wedding taste?! ooooh lord. my wedding is doomed. so we drive. i try to make small talk. Steph is being funny steph and making me feel 10 times  better per minute. so i just let the dress go and decided to give venturas a chance.

and thank goodness I did!

as you pull up it looks like a scary warehouse. its a little sketchy. Wanna know my opinion though?! I think they make the outside look that way to prevent theft. Theft of alllll the beautiful gorgeous amazing gowns that they have in the wedding dress heaven. Im telling you...we walked in and despite the lists of rules here and there ( we were thrown off a bit ) but once you get the "ok you're clear come in" it is like a candy store for brides. Silk, taffeta, lace, ribbon, jewels, ooooh M G.

My awesome consultant led me through rows and rows of amazingness. I chose a few to start off with -and she assured me she had some ideas that she would bring out later..

As she helped me into the first dress a crazy cool feeling came over me. I felt like a REAL BRIDE. The Davids dress was pretty and casual and i felt pretty. This dress made me feel glamorous, gorgeous, I can honestly say as I looked in the mirror I wondered how one dress could make me feel so great about myself. If you haven't guessed  - I ended up choosing the first dress I tried on. I tried on quite a few more but my mind kept pulling me back to dress one...and just seeing my mom, sisters and Stephs face just made me feel that much more confident in my decision. Mom said if I didn't pick that dress I was crazy & that she knew that was the dress I was supposed to marry James in. There were tears. Just seeing my favorite people so happy for me meant more than the dress. (the dress is fantastic though)..so after one day only I had the dress of my dreams. I can't wait for everyone to see it! My dad is going to wonder where his daughter went ;) I am so excited to see James' face when I walk down the aisle. He tells me I'm the prettiest girl ever pretty much every day but he has no idea what a treat he is going to get! LOL! This dress makes me feel sexy and confident and all the things I think of when I think of glamour. Yes, I said sexy ;)
Hurry up September!!!

So it's Thanksgiving. We went to mom and dad's in mont belvieu and it was a perfect day!

Games and puzzles with Lynsey. Wine. Listening to my dad, uncle, and James argue about foreign, vs. american made cars. Football. FOOOOOOOD!

my mom knows how to make thanksgiving dinner. let me tell ya. I so look forward to it. then I so regret it. but yeah, worth it totally.

to wrap up this post I am going to just throw out 5 things Im way thankful for!

1.) FAMILY - i would be lost without them.
 me and the fam. my dad may or may not be an undercover pimp. we don't talk about it ;)
this was at 9-5 for my mom's birthday. we had a blast! and yes, Dolly Parton was actually there (just for my mom's big day of course)

2.) JAMES he pretty much makes my day every single day.
sorry babe! thats what you get with you don't smile when i want to take your picture. this is your warning ;)

love him.

3.) HEIDI!
4.) FRIENDS
5.) NO DEBT & A STABLE FUN JOB!

oh man.
have to add one more.
6.) IM GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT TURKEY (in our case ham) DAY!

sorry for the last few pictures missing but James just came in and said he had a prize for me - he put up the tree! Woooohooooo! Off to decorate for our party next saturday, what?!

LOVE,
ME
xoxo
gosh have to say it one more time: I am soooo thankful for my handsome fiance for wanting to
MARRY ME ;)

and that my dermatologist is going to fix my oil problem - do you see that oil slick on my face - gross!

I suppose I have soooo much to be thankful for - kind of overwhelming! 

the end. 


1 comment: