Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sex In The City

I can join that club!!!!!!

Yes, I went there.

Yes, I mean NEW YORK! (and maybe the sex in NY part too, maybe....you dirty minds)

but - sooooo in love with the big apple. We had the most amazing time. I know I could never be a true New Yorker but I had blast trying. Picture me: dark alleys, late night, coffee in hand, hailing taxis - I was legit. Legit & scared out of my ever loving mind. I grew up in the country people. Some nights we didn't lock the door - ok only when mom knew I would be home late and she didn't want the dog to wake up but you know what I mean. I was looking over my shoulder every ten, no 5 seconds ( I read in a magazine if you act aware of your surroundings are you a less likey target for a scary person) anyway James lauged at me and reminded me that he in fact was perfectly comfortable because he grew up in the ghetto - I mean, Channelview. I will admit having my man so confident in his street smarts did make me feel way way better and I think him  being so handsome helped too ;)

Ok - besides me being a little uncomfortable at night the actual city is amazing. and gorgeous, and wonderful, and busy and perfect. I think it would be the neatest girls weekend destination so yeah, start saving girls!

Here are a few pictures from the trip: They say more about the beauty of NY than I could ever type.






Ok - so these are just a few..didn't want to bore anyone ;) BUT if you want to see more (and you should) I have them loaded on my facebook under the NY:LOVE album I think...and it's not private so yes you can see them. No excuses!

So to round up our NY trip blog here are 10 fun things:

1. We saw Chicago - James was drooling. Those girls were smokin' and yeah, the musical talent: AMAZING!
2. We went to the Natural History Museum. Nothing came alive while we were there. I asked J if we could wait and see - big negative. Lame. but we did see some very very neat exhibits. I love a great museum :)
3. I rode the subway. YUCK. Not my fav but taxis are way expensive and I would rather spend my money on beer.
4. While in the subway I got shoved and instructed to "Get out tha way" by a homeless scary girl. Who then began asking everyone to open a phone she "Fout in da taxi"........where was my dang taxi?!
5. We found the cooooolest dive bar EVER. It was called Steve's. The sign outside simply said in neon lights: "BAR" Thank you YELP app for making our Saturday night at Steve's epic.
6. We spent maybe an hour of the total shopping. There was soooo much to do we really didn't have time. Guess we have to go back!!
7. The food was to die for. I don't think we had one bad meal. These people eat well. I'm jealous. and they walk EVERYWHERE so they don't have to worry about what they eat...Lucky. I wonder how long it would take me to walk from home to work...I would be a skinny biatch.
8. James is the love of my life. I know this because I didn't murder him while spending the weekend cooped up in our 2X5 hotel room...ok it was a bit larger than that BUT at the same time it was hella small. We made it :)
9. Times Square is crazy. It is like the Vegas strip on steriods. So cool. I do think it is crazy however that people actually want to cram themselves in there though for New Years. We went on an average weekend and were getting booty bumped left and right. New Years!? No thanks....
10. I look a boy when I wear hats. Especially beanies. and especially while I have my hair pulled up in a pony tail & wearing ear muffs. seriously! example in 3...2...1...look down!


So from my get ready room in the fabulous state of Texas I just wanted to fill you in on my so awesome trip to super fun New York!

Love,
Lauren
see I look way better without a hat :)

isn't James too cute?!

ok I'm really done......

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment