Thursday, December 2, 2010

Busy, Busy & Busier...

Oooooh my goodness...even with James and I saying that we are keeping Christmas small this year - it's looking very overwhelming - while my bank account is well, underwhelming. I have sooo many great ideas about what I should could or would get people but this same thought keeps running through my head..."wedding wedding save for wedding"! Gross!! So I think I am just going to come to terms with the fact that this year isn't going to be about how many gifts we have under the tree - but about how great the wrapping paper coordinates on all three - maybe four gifts ;) Yes, I'm neurotic about matching my tree with my wrapping paper. That reminds me of a convo James and I had the other day....

So growing up our family tree was a big mish mosh of memories, crafts, all kinds of crazy ornaments. NO THEME - gasp! Every year though I remember looking at our tree thinking it was the most gorgeous twinkling crafty family tree EVER! but - now that I'm older and tree is very themed and very matchy matchy (besides the ornament we try to get from every place we or my parents visit) (NYC is our newest addition!)I get nervous about how I'm going to be when my child wants to add his/her personal touch. Im gonna freak. James doesn't think so - he says we are going to think every addition our child makes will be our new favorite ornament. I think not. I think they are going to have their own kid tree in the den. James says we'll see. Makes me nervous, just sayin'...
Here are a few pre Christmas pics to get you in the spirit - wooohoooo!


Moving on.....

James and his friends at work went in together to put their names in for the Devon suite at the Texans game last Sunday (yes, I saw the fight) (yes, very entertaining) but what I loved best about this was I drank allll the beer I wanted and alllll the cracker jacks I could get my hands on. The food - not so great so thank the good Lord there were cracker jacks. Those make me super happy - like WOAH happy.
We did the whole tailgating thing - that was ok. I was more interested in the yummy donuts J got us. Sooo we get there and James' intern is like the cousin of a cousin of a cousin (you know the drill) of someone who manages or works with or whatever with someone from the Texans sooo we got to go down to the sidelines pre game! It was pretty much awesome. It took me back to my cheerleading days real quick like. So cool! Not that I am the biggest sports fan - but that made it a bit more interesting...and maybe the fight helped me love football just a bit more as well :) I will say though that having awesome seats, free beer, and time with my super handsome boyfriend make for a pretty great Texas game experience. Couldn't really go wrong. Oh! and they won...bc we were there. Duh.









Below pictures were supposed to be at top....but since I am no bueno with the blogging they ended up down here.  Either way, Happy Holidays!!


Merry early Christmas from Lauren, Heidi, and James
-xoxo-

p.s. is anyone else getting a little nervous about making allll the events you are being invited to via Facebook?! I swear I don't have that many friends...it's going to be a busy December - deeeep breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment