Friday, January 21, 2011

Resolutions?

Ok - I am back from my blogging haitus....it's been over a month, i know - Stephanie tells me almost every other day. On top of that i have clients telling me i'm lame for not blogging now too! Here is a shout out & thank you to Stacey for getting my blogging butt in gear ;)

Soooo to catch up from Christmas (wow) I have to post a pic of our tree project first...it was a big deal!

 so this is how dad dropped off the tree


one gift painted & a little bit of texture
(see how into this i got?! i was really lecturing James about texture - like i know anything!)


 after only two little fights between us we completed our tree! we didn't take a professional pic this year bc well, we didn't have time..next year the tradition starts! So excited!


had to add this picture of Heidi bc she looks possessed 
what a freaky little one we have...


 and of course, my handsome man who put his blood, sweat, and tears into making sure i got my tree finished in time for Christmas. You can tell how excited he was ;)


isn't it so super cute?!

Thanks!

Moving on.

I guess I need to give a reason for my lack of blogging....

I have nothing to really blog about! Is that so sad?! I mean things happen day to day - but I can't imagine anyone really wanting to read about them...then again, I love reading other people's random blogs so I digress.

My life has been so crazy (not blog crazy) but busy crazy that really I wake up work out work (trying to keep the w's going - not working) anyway you get the picture. I started boot camp a few weeks ago to get in shape for my wedding dress (gorgeous). It really has taken a lot out of me. I am exhausted. I miss my boyfriend. I miss my friends. I come to work and manage to chit chat here and there but i feel like im missing out on spending time and hanging out with my salon girls bc im too tired to keep up :( Lame! At home is even worse. Since we have to two TV areas it seems he goes to one side and I go to the other just long enough to catch 30 minutes of relax unwind tv till its time to wake up at 4:30 to do bootcamp and start my day cycle all over again. Like I said - I miss my man. We went out to dinner tonight. It felt sooo good to have him all to myself. I just wanted to hug him and squeeze him and tell him how much i love him - i didn't don't worry. I promise I waited until we got home. Here is the not happily ever after part....he is in the living room watching sports center right now and i am pouring my heart out to a computer. I think all of this wedding planning/ cpa testing aftermath/ life is ALWAYS busy kinda stuff is kind of overwhelming us right now. I miss when we had nothing to do but be together and have fun.  I guess to get to where you want to be, meet goals you want to reach, make life what you want of it you have to sacrifice a tiny bit..but im a little over it. Don't get me wrong. I consider myself a super lucky girl with an awesome guy, career i love, friends i love even more - i just miss SIMPLE.

and i know- i am ocd about wedding planning. i need to stop. when i could be spending time with James im looking up aisle runners or bridesmaid dresses. ugh! can we be in Antigua already?! so excited for our wedding its going to be the bomb.com but can september kinda get here soon? I might drive myself (and others) crazy by then! oooooh wedddddings.....so pretty & special but so so much mentally, physically, and spendilly ;)

so i guess what i can is to make a resolution or two.

1) keep life simple & keep my relationship with my super handsome super wonderful best friend i call my fiance - top priority.

2) blog a little bit more so i quit making people mad ;)

Hope everyone is having an awesome 2011 so far!
I am soooo excited to see where it takes us all here at the 4911!

xoxo-

Lauren

 my favorite New Years Eve picture. Silly guy ;)


Love him!

1 comment:

  1. Yayyyy...I LOVE the tree!!!!! I want one...decorated by you, of course. I love the pics too!

    Thanks for the shout out!

    Don't over work yourself. :o)

    ReplyDelete