Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm thinkin' I'm beyond bratty.....

Sooo I know my last blog was a little bit whiny, but no worries - i'm over it!

Because..........

WE BOOKED OUR HONEYMOON!

After tons of research, mind changes, and endless amounts of doubting our ideas & choices - we came back to the little place we decided on the very beginning of this crazy honeymoon finding journey. So, where is it?!

ANTIGUA!

Here are few pictures:
 here is a little hint on where it is located....i had no idea until we started booking flights ;)

 Cocobay Beach Resort


That is a representation of me & James. lol of course, we look a little bit better ;) can't wait for that to be us!


So anyway - this little place Cocobay is not fancy by any means. Which kind of threw me off a bit at first. I was thinking ok on my honeymoon i want to be waited on hand and foot not have to do one thing and for everything to be perfect! who doesn't want that?! well - the more we looked for that the more we were seeing all of the huge resorts with thousands of people, reviews saying you cant ever find chairs by the pool, crowded beach - you get my point. not exactly my idea of romantic...so we were like ok smaller but with all of that. can you we say like $800-1000 a night?! not for 5 nights sisters! James would die. So that got nixed. Moving on. we found this little place online through trip advisor. It only has around 30-40 little cabins on the hillside and beach. So its very private and not crazy busy and loud. The resort isnt super modern and chic - it kinda said basic shabby chic. whatever give me a drink and im money ;) Anyway we book a beach front little cottage hut thing with its own plunge pool. So neat! I am so looking forward to james and i sitting on the porch (like the above picture exactly but with a  beer) and just breathe and say This is our HONEYMOON! Hurry up October 2?! Please?!

So in spite of my long list of  gripes in the past post - I have thought about it and talked to a few friends. One said she and her husband have some days where they just need to be alone to do what they want - like read a book, watch a movie...I guess J and I don't have to be on top of each other all of the time..life will go on. I did talk to him though about how I felt and he said he felt so bad and that yes, life is sooo busy right now that we do need to make time of US. Love him. So we will see if I can kick this obsessive wedding behavior and he can give up sports center. Not likely but hopefully we can make a conscience effort ;)


So yesterday my parents came over for lunch! It was such a great day..another reminder of how great I have it. Someone slap me for being so moody and ungrateful ;) Anyway - mom went on a shopping spree for her wedding outfit last Thursday so she brought it all over to have a little fashion show for us.

Let me just say. My mom is trying to show everyone up at the wedding....and I love it. She looked so beautiful and honestly her smiling from ear to ear almost made me cry. Eeek! about to cry writing this! Honestly in the beginning mom wasn't too into this whole wedding thing - but I am so excited that she is putting so much thought and time into making our day special. Even if she is trying to look better than everyone there! LOL! Anyway we chose a pretty green dress from her choices and she looks great. Dad ws floored! So dang cute! He said, "Wow! Well that's impressive!" I think coming from dad that is a killer awesome compliment! So mom is set. Dad is our next project. That should be interesting...eh. 

Anyway - just rambling so I will quit boring everyone and go to my Jillian Michaels DVD. That damn dvd set needs a blog on its own. It is abuse. Straight abuse. But it hurts so good ;)

Everyone have a fabulous Monday!!!

xoxo
Lauren  

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Another blog so soon! Good for you! ;o)

    Your honeymoon sounds nice. Now, don't laugh because we both enjoyed ours so much and we want to go back sometime, but money keeps us home...anyway, we went to Disney World in Florida...and it was when school was still going on, so it was really nice. We stayed at the Polynesian Resort...it had a man made beach, which was really neat...and lit torches throughout...it had a hammock and pretty much, at the time we were the only people on the beach...a couple times only one other couple was there, but far away...you couldn't swim over there because of the Ferry that takes you to the park; the swimming area was on the other side, so that was where the crowd was. The Ferry actually made the waves for our beach...you had to be there to believe it...it sounds silly, but it was really nice.

    ...and our room was gorgeous!!! You would never think you were at Disney World.

    Each morning I would get up and be fixing my hair and they would bring us our breakfast of choice and when I came out of the dressing area, I would sit down to a bright and sunny table that they nicely decorated with Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes and eggs and whatever else we ordered and a view of the beach and hammock between the palms, and torches...then we would go off and do whatever we had planned for each day. It was awesome...so we had our little get away and then had the amusement park too. The weather was great except for about 2 hours where it stormed and we used that time to catch up on our sleep...then went back out for more fun. We left for home right when it started to get really hot out and the kids were just getting out of school...it was perfect!

    Oh yeah, there were swings on the beach too and we would go swing and just sit on them at night with the lit torches...it was so fun... Ahhh...that was 12 years ago. I want to go back so bad!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh...so bratty you are!!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete